Jack Lockton, Chairman of the Board of Lockton Companies, began his business career as a surety bond underwriter for the Glens Falls Insurance Company (now CNA) in 1964. In 1966, he left Glens Falls to join his mother and fathers insurance firm as their first employee. The Lockton Companies has grown to become the eighth largest retail insurance broker and the largest independently owned broker in the United States.
Lockton Companies employs nearly 1,800 associates in 15 cities and is involved throughout the country in major brokerage assignments. Their clientele includes a number of Fortune 500 companies.
- Board of Trustees, Kansas City Museum
- Board of Directors, Kansas City Crime Commission
- Vice Chairman, Member of Executive Committee and Board of Directors, Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
- Treasurer and Board of Directors, Civic Council of Greater Kansas City
- Board of Trustees, University of Missouri at Kansas City
- Board of Trustees, Midwest Research Institute
- Board of Directors, Boatmens First National Bank
- Board of Directors, Commerce Bank, N.A.
- Board of Directors, Performance Contracting Group, Inc.
- Board of Directors, Barkley Evergreen & Partners
- CEO (Chief Executives Organization)
- World Presidents Organization
the Outstanding Directors Award from the Kauffman Center for Entrepreneurial Achievement, 2000; Distinguished Citizens Award 2000 Heart of America Council Boy Scouts of America; Regional Entrepreneur of the Year, Henry W. Bloch School of Business and Public Administration, 1996; Insurance Industry Leader of the Year, 1995; and Service Industry Entrepreneur of the Year Award, 1992.